What are Bioidentical Hormones?
Bioidentical hormones Toronto are identical to the hormones your body produces and they provide a more natural approach to helping you correct hormonal imbalances. They are formulated with plant extractions that have been micronized (finely ground) in a laboratory so that they are more readily absorbed by your body. Bioidentical hormones are available in various forms including creams, pills, and patch.
Numerous medical studies document the safety and effectiveness of Bio-Identical hormone therapy and our medical team is ready to answer your questions as well, develop a plan to help you reach optimal health and wellness.
BHRT (BioIdentical Hormone Replacement Therapy) treatment plans can vary from person to person. While it will take some time for your body to adjust to the newly optimized levels, you can expect noticeable improvements to symptoms within weeks…. with full results apparent after 3-6 months.
How can hormone therapy help with PMS, Menopause, Peri-menopause and aging?
A significant part of aging is due to a decline in hormone levels as we get older. For most of us, we felt our best when our hormones were at their youthful levels. With this in mind, optimizing hormones back to youthful levels can make us feel better, restore vitality and ultimately delay the onset of age-related health issues.
While hormonal changes are a natural part of aging, they can affect women differently and for some, they may find their attitude toward sex and sexual pleasure changing. Childbirth, hormones, menopause and some medical conditions can play a role in these issues. Changes in sexual health is not something women talk about yet, is NORMAL! On average 40% of women will encounter some type of physical or medical change in their sex lives.
- Low Energy & Fatigue
- Sex Drive
- Difficulty/poor Sleep
- Sexual function
- Painful intercourse & Vaginal Dryness
- Weight gain.
- Loss of lean muscle
- Cognitive function and short term memory
- Hot Flashes
- Preventative measure against heart disease, diabetes, dementia.
What age should I consider hormone replacement therapy?
Be Proactive! The best way to prevent illness and disease is by playing an active role in your health care, and to take action before small medical concerns become bigger issues. While there is no wrong age to have your hormones checked, generally speaking, when you start to see symptoms or notice change, is a good time to have your hormones assessed. Even if you are not experiencing full on menopause, comprehensive testing can be useful for comparison down the road.
The use of Bioidentical hormones has been approved by Health Canada and are prescribed to treat symptoms that can be caused by hormonal imbalances. Treatments for Hormonal Imbalance symptoms in Toronto may include any of the following:
- Treatment for ALL of your hormones that have affected the aging process including thyroid, adrenal gland, and HGH deficiencies.
- Customized hormone dosages tailored to your body.
- Ongoing monitoring of treatments with adjustments.
- Dietary, antioxidant and nutritional recommendations.
- Non-invasive Laser Therapies (C02 Laser) for vaginal symptoms.
- Pelvic Floor HIFEM Therapy for urinary incontinence. (Emsella)
Benefits, Side Effects & Risks
- Eliminates Hot Flashes.
- Improves urinary symptoms of incontinence & recurring bladder infections.
- Regulates Sleep
- Restores Mood
- Reverse post menopausal muscle pain.
- Improves Urinary Incontinence
- Reverse postmenopausal vaginal dryness.
- Restores dry and itchy eyes.
- Helps maintain bone density.
- Decreased risk of heart attach and colorectal cancer.
- Normalizes Sleep
- Protects uterine lining from estrogen dominance.
- Protects the breast from cancer from estrogen dominance.
Estrogen & Progesterone Side Effects & Risks:
- Irregular vaginal bleeding
- Thickened uterine lining
- Breast & nipple tenderness
- Possible risk of breast/uterine cancer *** Risks are fully assessed & discussed at time of consultation.
Contra-indications to Estrogen & Progesterone Therapy:
- Metastic uterine cancer.
- Ovarian Cancer.
- Hormone sensitive breast cancers.
For women who fall in the risk categories, symptom relief may be addressed through laser therapies.
Book your FREE Consultation Today