Intracel™️ Micro-needling Toronto with RF
Intracel™ MicroNeedling is Toronto’s hottest non-surgical beauty treatment, offering dramatic skin rejuvenation with virtually no downtime. This process is unique; our Toronto technicians combine RF (Radio Frequency) with insulated needles to re-texturize, tighten skin and rejuvenate the surface.
What Is Microneedling?
Microneedling, or collagen induction therapy, is a skin rejuvenation procedure that’s non-surgical and non-ablative. Using a microneedling device, tiny punctures are created on the top layer of the skin. These punctures promote the body’s natural healing process to trigger elastin and collagen production. Having multiple microneedling treatments done will result in smoother and rejuvenated skin.
What Are the Benefits of Microneedling?
Microneedling has multiple benefits:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
Microneedling stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, which restores the skin’s youthful and healthy glow. Patients can notice a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles after a series of microneedling sessions.
- Improves Skin Tone
Many people suffer from skin tone issues due to sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and acne scars. These imperfections make the skin look rough and cause people to look older than they are. Boosting collagen production resolves these issues and improves the skin’s overall tone.
- Enhances skin texture and elasticity
A few microneedling treatments can promote hydration and elasticity while stimulating the skin’s ability to repair itself. This improves the look and texture of the skin.
- Reduces the appearance of large pores
Large pores are a common concern among patients. These can easily become clogged, resulting in a variety of skin concerns. Microneedling treatments can minimize the size of the pores, which smoothens and clears the face.
- Minimizes the appearance of acne and surgical scars
Microneedling can successfully be used to treat scars — even those that have remained for many years. The micro-punctures that microneedling creates in the skin help to break down scar tissue while promoting the production of collagen and elastin. It can also reduce the appearance of stretch marks.
- Improves the Efficacy of Skincare Products
Skincare products work best when they penetrate deep into the skin. This is easy to do after the microneedling procedure. The products move through the tiny piercings made during the microneedling process and penetrate the deep layers of the skin.
- Needs minimal downtime
Microneedling is non-invasive and requires no downtime.
This clinically proven treatment can address the following:
- Diminish fine lines and wrinkles.
- Improve skin tone and texture.
- Correct sun damage.
- Help shrink large pores.
- Soften and diminish stretch marks.
- Treat a wide range of Acne scars.
- Tighten loose skin on neck.
- Help redefine jawline and soften folds.
Unlike surgery or many other laser procedures, the insulated micro-needles protect the surface of the skin from damage, with little or no downtime for the patient. Only Intrace™l Micro-needling treatments target at variable depths, allowing technicians to customize treatments according to patient skin concerns & conditions.
How does MicroNeedling for Toronto clients work?
Microneedling creates micro injuries which then triggers the body’s natural healing process. Each tiny needle creates a channel that the body will want to re-fill with New New tissues, while triggering the production and remodelling of collagen and elastin. Collagen and elastin are structural proteins found with the dermis layer of the skin and provide the skin with the structural support and flexibility required for a tight and lifted appearance.
Is MicroNeedling Painful?
Micro-Needling treatments begin with topical numbing and Intracel Microneedling with RF is renowned for its comfort, results, and its low-maintenance post treatment. Patients are able to resume daily life immediately and full skin recovery can be expected within a few days post-treatment. What makes this treatment so appealing is that there are no fussy aftercare procedures required.
How much does Micro Needling Cost at Toronto’s Clarity Medspa & Laser?
Clarity offers more than one device that can deliver MicroNeedling – this means you are assured of being matched with the perfect solution for your skin. With this in mind, pricing can vary, based on the device used and the areas being treated. We can provide a free and comprehensive consultation to determine if you are an ideal candidate for any of our micro-needling options.
Side effects & risks of MicroNeedling
Intrace™ is considered safe, and as long as you are healthy and being treated by a medically supervised clinic there is very little risk.
What Are the Risks of Microneedling?
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is a safe procedure. However, it does carry certain risks.
- Redness, Swelling, Discomfort
These side effects are typical after a microneedling treatment. These symptoms last about one to three days.
- Dryness and Flaking of the Skin
Dryness and flaking are possible side effects following the treatment. This typically dissipates after 48 hours. Peeling is considered a good sign since it reflects cell turnover and the generation of new skin.
Bruising may sometimes occur. This depends on the length of the needle and how many times it is applied across the treatment area. However, this will subside within 48 hours.
Developing hyperpigmentation following the treatment is rare but is a possibility. Patients can minimize the risk of this side effect by complementing the microneedling treatment with platelet-rich plasma therapy.
While rare, bleeding can follow a microneedling treatment. Patients on blood-thinning medications or who have bleeding disorders are at greater risk of this condition.
Immediately after treatment, there will be pinpoint bleeding which goes away quickly. Redness usually resolves within just a few hours and most clients will describe the post-treatment sensation to that of a mild burn.
Following the standard 1 to 4 treatments, a simple medical-grade skincare regime and a good SPF are all that the client will require.
How Do I Take Care of My Skin After Microneedling?
Looking after your skin following a microneedling session is important if you want the best results. Here are a few things to remember:
- Avoid taking any anti-inflammatory medications (like ibuprofen, motrin, or advil) one week after the treatment. These medications interfere with the body’s recovery process and can impact results. Instead, if you experience any soreness, use painkillers like Tylenol.
- Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for at least 2 weeks. After 24 hours, always use sunblock (30 SPF or higher) and wear a hat if you’re outside.
- Avoid strenuous exercises for 48 hours after the treatment. Sweating can contribute to irritation and swelling and can potentially expose your skin to bacteria. In the same vein, avoid other activities that cause sweating such as jacuzzis, saunas, and steam baths.
- After the treatment, you are more susceptible to sun damage than usual. Wear sunscreen constantly for the first 2 weeks after the procedure and minimize your time out in the sun for the first week following the treatment.
- Do not apply ice on your face, as well as arnica or bromelain. These substances can disrupt the natural inflammatory process which is essential for the rejuvenation of your skin
- Sleep on your back and elevate your head to reduce swelling or pain.
- Avoid infection by using the topical antibiotic cream prescribed by your doctor.
- Wash your hands before you touch your face.
- Wait for 48 to 72 hours before applying any makeup or skincare products to your skin. However, you can apply hyaluronic acid to provide nourishment.
How Long Will Microneedling Results Last?
Results can last from 3 to 5 months. It is recommended to undergo 4 sessions at 4-week intervals. Patients schedule follow-up treatments twice a year to maintain their results.
Who Can Undergo This Treatment?
Microneedling is suitable for all patients, except for those who are pregnant or breastfeeding. It is safe for ALL skin types.
Which Areas Can Be Treated?
Microneedling can be used to treat multiple areas of the body including the face, neck decollete, and hands.
Microneedling treatments have been shown to significantly improve the appearance of the skin and promote skin tightening, leaving you with smoother, firmer, and younger-looking skin. For microneedling in Toronto, turn to Clarity Medspa & Laser. Battle the signs of aging, book your appointment by giving us a call at 416 960-2222. We are dedicated to results and patient comfort.