Emsculpt: Burn Fat & Build Muscles Without Working Out
Diet & Exercise, stress management and an overall healthy lifestyle are the ideal scenarios for looking and feeling ones best. But hitting the mark on any of these can be difficult. To our rescue, we can now build muscle and burn fat with innovative & non-surgical technology that allows us to tone our bodies without working out. Of the muscle-building options, the one and only device that stands out is called Emsculpt.
Emsculpt is a pain-free, non-surgical procedure that is scientifically proven to build muscle & burn fat with zero downtime. In as few as 4 treatments over a 2 week period, Emsculpt can help one achieve:
- a more toned abdomen,
- a cinched/ hour glass waist,
- redefined arms (biceps or triceps),
- lifted butt,
- and stronger thighs.
Emsculpt supports individuals who are struggling with stubborn fat, individuals who are finding it hard to develop stronger muscles, and those lacking time & energy to hit the gym to attack problem areas.
What Is Emsculpt and How Does it Work?
Emsculpt uses high-intensity focused electromagnetic (HIFEM) technology to naturally reduce fat and build muscles. The ‘Em’ in Emsculpt is an acronym for electromagnetic energy, which stimulates supramaximal contractions in the treatment area.
The HIFEM produces this high-tension contraction to Build muscle faster than what voluntary muscle contraction during strength training can achieve.
The electromagnetic energy charges through the skin to burn fat and activate muscle tissues. The energy can trigger 20,000 muscle contractions within 30 minutes.
The muscles also feed on fat deposits since muscles require calories during the contraction. At present, it’s the only non-invasive technology that delivers this dual-action without affecting surrounding tissues.
After the procedure, you can experience a circumferential reduction in the waistline, leaner stronger abdominal muscles, definition and strength in arms, and a significant lift in the buttocks area.
- Leaner abs – Emsculpt helps you gain muscle and lose fat for a flatter, tighter stomach.
- Perkier butt – It can result in well-defined glutes.
- Contoured thighs – It can firm up and smoothen your thighs so you can confidently wear shorts, mini skirts, and bikinis.
Emsculpt is an FDA & Health Canada-approved treatment for toning your body and strengthening muscles. Note, medical professionals will emphasize that the treatment is meant for body contouring & muscle definition (not a substitute for a weight loss program or healthy lifestyle).
The ideal patient for this treatment is physically fit with stubborn pockets of fat & one looking to add definition by building up muscles.
Who is best Candidate for Emsculpt?
Men and/or women who have a body mass index (BMI) of 28 or lower are excellent candidates. Most are individuals looking for treatments to support muscle tone, improve strength, lift their butt, strengthen arms or define their abs – especially when they can’t get to the gym or if recovering from an injury.
Emsculpt is also recommended for:
- Athletes recovering from a sports injury (it instantly strengthens and heals weak muscles)
Men and women who want to get a more muscle definition or find they have areas of muscle weakness.
- People experiencing back pain (Emsculpt helps boost core strength to reduce back pain)
- Women who have just given birth and have diastasis recti, or anyone with the partial or complete separation of the abdominal muscles (this can also happen to people who have lifted weights incorrectly)
How Successful Is the Procedure?
Emsculpt will begin to shape and strengthen your muscles in your first 30-minute appointment, as this treatment is equivalent to doing 20,000 muscle contractions.
Based on studies, the electromagnetic energy can result in almost 20 % muscle growth and 15% reduction of fat on the treated area (after 4 treatments done in 2 weeks). This dramatic improvement is the result of inducing a higher metabolic rate in the muscle and melting away of fat.
What Happens During the Treatment Proper?
1. It starts with a one-on-one consultation to discuss your goals and determine if Emsculpt can help you achieve them. It may be that if you have an excess of fat, that you may also benefit by being treated in combination with Coolsculpting. Once it’s decided, your provider will create a treatment plan tailored to your needs.
2. Each session lasts 30 minutes per one area of the body. For instance, if you want to treat your butt and abdomen, you will need 2 sessions that last 30 minutes each. Each session will be spaced at least 3 days apart within a period of 2 weeks.
3. The HIFEM device is strapped onto the treatment area. Then the staff switches it on and sets it at low, dialling it up gradually to avoid stressing out the muscle.
4. You’ll begin to feel the contractions coming in waves of vibration. This will feel unusual, especially during the first session – it is rare that anyone finds the treatment intolerable.
What Can I Expect After the Treatment?
Some patients notice increased muscle definition and/or improved strength as soon as a few days after the first treatment. However, most results are observed after the plan has been fully completed (and for up to 2 to 4 months following the last session).
How long do the results last? This varies from person to person, and your physical activity and lifestyle are significant contributors. After Emsculpt, it’s suggested that you protect your investment of time and money by incorporating consistent exercise routine (to work the newly formed muscle) and eat a balanced diet to sustain the effects. Like exercising, if you stop, the muscle definition begins to fade and fatty-deposits can creep up.
Maintenance treatments are effective & popular – on average, these are done either quarterly (for some twice a month) depending on your aesthetic goals. You will begin to see results lasting results if you’re consistent with the treatments & lifestyle.
Possible side effects
Many patients report feeling “worked out” in the treatment area and some comment on a kind of fatigue similar to that after rigorous exercise.
This fatigue occurs due to the buildup of lactic acid in the muscles during the contractions. However, it’s nothing to worry about; Emsculpt procedures are designed to keep muscle soreness minimal.
Since there’s no downtime involved, patients can go back to their regular activities shortly after the treatment.
How Much Does an Emsculpt Treatment Cost?
Every person has unique body concerns and treatment goals. The cost of treatment plans depends on these factors. To get an exact quote on a personalized treatment plan for different body areas like the abdomen, buttocks, and legs, it’s best to contact your prospective skincare clinic.
For Emsculpt inToronto, Clarity Medspa & Laser is one of the skin and body care clinics that have certified technicians & nurses with proven experience in delivering the Emsculpt muscle building body along with other treatments such as Coolsculpting.
To book a consultation, call (416) 960-2222 or send an instant message at [email protected]. We want to help you tighten and tone your body fast so you can achieve your fitness goals.